Who would have thought you could easily customize a functional and stylish soother clip to match any outfit your new baby or child wears?! Our very own, original, incredibly safe, step-by-step tutorial will allow you to do just this… and the possibilities (and outfits) become endless!
1 x 60” white, regular cord (35" is all you really need but we suggest the longer length to allow for any mistakes)
1. Loop cord through clip. Leave one side of the cord as a longer piece, and the other end of the cord with about 2.5” of length from the end of the clip.
2. Knot the cord about ½” from the bottom of the clip.
3. Snip excess string off of the smaller piece of cord. Carefully burn the tip of the cord and press into the knot until cool and hard.
4. Slightly burn the tip of the longer length of the cord so that you can begin beading. Pull first bead up the cord and over the knot close to the top of the clip.
5. Pull second bead up the cord and over top of the knot near the clip.
6. String the rest of the beads onto the cord.
7. Once all of the beads have been strung onto the cord, burn the end of the cord approximately 1”. Once warm, press the cord to make a stiff, 1” end.
8. Take the stiff end of the cord and push it back up through the second last bead.
Let's move on to the second part!
9. Pull the last two beads down until you have about 5 inches of doubled string length between the third last bead and the two end beads.
10. Knot under the third last bead.
11. Cut the extra end piece of cord off so that just the loop is left. Burn the small tip of leftover cord and push it into the knot.
12. Pull the second last bead up and over the knot to cover it.
13. Pull the last bead up, and then knot the loop tightly underneath it.
14. Attach either a soother or teether if preferred to the loop at the end of the soother cord.
15. It’s done! Safe and easy to use—and best of all, no more lost soothers or teethers!
**The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.