Add some magic to your little one’s room by making an adorable unicorn themed hair clip holder! Our Jersey Yarn takes the spotlight in this tutorial, proving that form is just as important as function. ;)
- White Foam Core
- Self Adhesive Glitter Foam Sheet
- 3-4 Balls of Jersey Yarn (in your preferred colors)
- Ribbon scraps
- Black Felt Sheet (alternative option could be black paper!)
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks
- Scissors & Crafting Utility Knife
- Any Additional Accessories (we chose butterflies!)
1. Take your foam core and lightly draw out the shape of a unicorn head. You can find lots of traceable and printable templates on google if you’re having trouble! We made ours approximately 8.5”x11”.
2. Trace the shape of your unicorn horn on the back side of your Self Adhesive Glitter Foam Sheet and attach it to your foam core.
3. Open up your Cara Supply Jersey Yarn and cut lengths about 40” long to make your mane. When you have about 8-10 lengths, gather them up and fold them in half.
4. Holding your yarn at the halfway point, lay them all side by side on your work surface. Flip your unicorn head with the good side facing down and place your unicorn head on top of the yarn strands.
5. Fold your halfway points over to the back side of the unicorn head and hot glue in place.
6. Continue gluing your unicorn strands until the back of your unicorn's head is covered.
7. Flip your unicorn head back to be right side up. Measure out one 5-6” piece of yarn in each color. Hot glue the strands on the back side of your foam core, around the ear and horn. This will create ‘bangs’ for your unicorn. Trim any excess strands.
8. Take any coordinating ribbon scraps you have and hot glue those to the back side of your unicorn mane.
9. Cut out one eyelash piece out of felt or black paper and glue in place. Add any additional accessories (we added one little butterfly!).
10. Hot glue a ribbon hanger at the back of your unicorn, or use one of the mane loops to hang it.
11. Fill up with your little one’s clips for an inspired and functional clip and bow holder!
We hope you enjoyed this Unicorn Hair Clip tutorial! Be sure to tag us on instagram if you make your own using #createdwithcarasupply We love seeing your creativity!
**The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.