We’ve been seeing twine pumpkins allllll over our Pinterest feed and we knew we had to try it with our Cara & Co twine! These mini pumpkins are such a charming addition to any tablescape or decorating you’re doing for fall!
You can do this craft with twine, but we also thought a jersey yarn pumpkin would be super cute as well!
- Cinnamon sticks
- Cotton Twine
- Crafting Wire
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks
1. Take your twin and begin to wrap it around two or three fingers on your opposite hand.
2. Wrap it until you have a decent little bundle that will hold its shape well, and then cut your string.
3. Cut a small piece of wire and feed it in the loop you made. Twist the wire so that it closes in on the twine bundle and secures it. Twist or trim your wire ends down so that they aren’t sharp or in the way. Make at least 5 - 7 bundles.
4. Break your cinnamon stick to the size you want your pumpkin stem to be. You can compare your bundles to your stick to see what size you’ll want it to be.
5. Using a hot glue gun, glue each bundle to the lower middle of your cinnamon stick, with the wire bound section up against the cinnamon stick.
6. Work your way around the stick until you’ve filled it all in.
7. You can adjust the strings so that they sit in a way you prefer. Because our twine is so soft, the pumpkins have a less rigid shape, which we love.
It took all of 5 minutes! Your very own gourd-geous Cinnamon Twine Pumpkin ;)