What would a Christmas tree be without a few handmade ornaments hanging off it?
And no, these are NOT the cringe worthy handmade ornaments your kids come home from school with (as CUTE as those are). These are the handmade ornaments that are cute enough to hang around (get it) for awhile. So simple, and done easily in 10 minutes!
1. Using your scissors, cut out 3 leaf shapes from your green felt. These leaves should have a pointed end and be about 2” in length.
2. On one side of the leaf, squeeze a small line of hot glue. Pinch the end together so that the glue fixes the sides together. Hold it until the hot glue is set. Do this to all your leaves.
3. Cut out a 1” round piece of felt. Measure out a length of suede leather. Fold it in half so you can envision how long the pieces will be and how long your hanging loop will be. When you’re happy with the proportions (ours was about 9” long) cut your suede cording to length. You will need one length per ornament.
4. Glue your cord to your round felt piece exactly as shown with the loop crossing at the glue. Make sure that the cording is well fixed to the green felt round.
5. Carefully one by one, glue your leaves also to the green felt round. Keep the leaves snug together.
6. Glue your crochet beads on starting with two on the bottom, followed by one on the top. For extra security, you can pop a small bead of glue in between the beads so that they all stick to each other as well.
If you’ve followed this tutorial and want to share your Christmas Berry Ornament with us we’d LOVE to see! Make sure you tag us in your photos on Instagram!
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.