A wristlet doesn’t need to be thick and chunky - if detailed and dainty is your jam, this wristlet look is for you!
- 105x 9mm Beads (3 colors of 35 beads each)
- 1x Keyring & clip
- 1x 19mm Bead
- 1x 60” Length of precut regular cording
- Sharp scissors
- Crafting needle
Step by Step
1. Trim your cording and lightly melt the ends with your lighter to make threading beads easier.
2. Taking your cording, thread on your 19mm bead and slide it to the halfway point on your cording.
3. On one side of the 19mm bead, thread on 35x 9mm beads in one color. Push them up to the 19mm bead at the halfway point on your cording. Thread on your keyring and clasp as well.
4. On the end of the string you’ve been working with, thread on your crafting needle. Push the needle through the opposite side of your 19mm bead to create a round loop. Pull the string through so that the beads have been pulled taut.
5. Taking the other cording end (which will be a touch longer than the one you just worked with) string on another 35x 9mm beads in another colour. Make sure to feed this strand through the keyring that your other bead strand is already going through.
6. Thread your crafting needle on the string you’re working with and pass it the opposite way through the 19mm bead again. You should have three strings passing through this bead now. Pull your strings to tighten up the loops (not so tight that the beads misshapen, but until they’re snug against each other).
7. Take the end you’ve been working with and thread on 17x 9mm beads in your third color. On the other string end thread on your last 18x 9mm beads, passing the strand through the keyring.
8. Tie the two ends together in a double knot. Ensure that your tension is the same as the other strands you’ve done. Lightly run your lighter flame on the knot to ensure that the cording will hold.
9. Thread on your crafting needle to one cording end and pass the needle through one of the neighboring beads beside the knot. Gently pull your knot into the center of the 9mm bead to hide it.
10. Trim and melt your ends to hide them.
As always, we LOVE seeing your creations, whether you follow this tutorial or put your own spin on it! Be sure to tag us on instagram using the hashtag #createdwithcarasupply
**The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.