Too many wristlets? There's no such thing! Meet the teardrop wristlet, a fun new twist on the classic style! Make your own following our DIY tutorial below, or buy one of our kits here!
- 8x 19mm Round Silicone Beads
- 1x Accent Bead
- 8x 15mm Round Silicone Beads
- 4x 12mm Round Silicone Beads
- 1x 9mm Round Silicone Bead
- One length of 60” cord
- Crafting Needle
- Metal Keyring and Clip
- Metal Charm
1. Take your cord and lighter, and lightly melt each end of your cord so that it’s hard and able to string beads easily. Fold your cord in half. Loop it through the link attachment on your keyring and clip.
2. Tie a small knot just below the link attachment (about 0.5” away) and secure by running your lighter flame over it. (If you are using a wooden accent bead, do not tie a knot.)
3. Thread both of your cords onto your crafting needle. Take your accent bead and thread it onto your needle through the bottom of the bead. Push the bead up and onto the knot. (Because wood does not stretch like silicone, you cannot use a needle to thread on wooden accent beads. Be sure to use a lighter to harden your cord to more easily thread your wooden beads.)
4. Thread your 9mm bead onto your cords.
5. Remove the cords from your crafting needle. You should now have two cords coming out of your 9mm bead. String onto each cord: 2 x 12mm, 4 x 15mm, and 4 x 19mm rounds. (Because wood does not stretch like silicone, you cannot use a needle to thread on wooden accent beads. Be sure to use a lighter to harden your cord to more easily thread your wooden beads.)
6. Tie the cord ends into a double knot, as tightly as you can. Take your lighter and run it over your double knot to fuse it.
7. Once the knot is cool, thread one of your cords with your crafting needle and insert the needle through one of the beads beside your current double knot. (You may need pliers to help you get the needle through!)
8. Pull your threaded cord all the way through that bead, carefully pulling your knot into the bead to hide it. You should have a cord on either side of this bead. Trim them carefully, and use your lighter to melt the ends to prevent fraying.
9. Take your small metal charm and add it to the keyring for an extra little bit of sparkle!
Voila! Your new wristlet is complete!
We hope you love making your own wristlet! We would love to see the combinations you make or how you use your wristlet! Send us your photos by tagging us with the hashtag #createdwithcarasupply
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.