Nothing makes a Christmas Tree more than handmade ornaments! And while we all love the paper ornaments our children make, why not make an ornament that will last longer than one season! These pinecone ornaments are farmhouse chic and such a fun easy tutorial!
We went to our local craft store and purchased some lovely cinnamon scented & washed pinecones, but you can also go for a walk with the kids and make these ornaments out of pinecones you find!
- approximately 20 x 10mm Maple Wood Round Beads
- a pinecone
- sharp scissors
- a sewing needle with a large eye (note: our Cara & Co crafting needle will not fit through 10mm wood beads)
- hot glue gun & sticks
1. Measure out 12” of ribbon and thread it on to your needle.
2. Thread all of your wood beads on to the ribbon.
3. Add a dab of hot glue ¼” from the end of one half of your ribbon. Press the other end into the glue to join the two ends and create a loop.
4. Glue your ribbon to the top of your pinecone.
5. Take another 12” length of ribbon and tie a small bow. Trim your ends so that they are even or at the length you prefer.
6. Glue your ribbon bow to the base of your ribbon loop.
7. Your pinecone bead ornament is complete!
There are so many variations you could make using different ribbons or beads!
We hope you make some beautiful memories crafting your own handmade ornaments with family or friends!
Be sure to tag us on instagram if you make your own using #createdwithcarasupply We love seeing your creativity!
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.