If you’re looking for a way to attach a lanyard clip to your baby’s favourite button pacifier, we’ve got you covered! Learn how to sew your own soother clip and use our MAM Pacifier attachments!
Fabric MAM Ring Pacifier Clip Tutorial
- Cotton Fabric of your choice
- Sewing Scissors
- Sewing Machine
- Fabric Iron
- 1 MAM Ring or 1 MAM Attachment
- 1 Metal Clip
- Plastic Snaps & Pliers
- Button Metal Rod (if you have one)
Step by Step Instructions
- Gather up your supplies and iron out your fabric.
2. Carefully cut out a rectangle shape that is 3” by 12.5”.
3. Fold your rectangle fabric in half lengthwise with the good side of your fabric up. Iron the seam.
4. Open your fabric shape up and fold in each side to the middle seam, ironing again to secure the fold.
5. Fold down on each end of your fabric shape ¼” of fabric and iron again to secure the fold.
6. On each end, iron down a corner of your ¼” fold. This will keep the fabric tucked in while you sew up your soother clip lanyard.
7. Fold in half your entire piece of fabric, keeping all the folded corners tucked in. Iron again to secure.
8. Using your sewing machine, sew all around the perimeter of your rectangle fabric, as close to the edge as you can get! Trim your extra strings.
9. Slide your metal clip on to one end of your rectangle. Fold the end over about ¾” and sew the perimeter of that fold at least twice to be sure everything is secure.
10. Fold the opposite end of the clip over about 1.5” on itself on the top side of the fabric.
11. If you have a Button Metal Rod, use that to push a hole through both pieces about 0.5” from the bottom seam. If you don’t have a Metal Rod, you can also use a sharp pencil or carefully use scissors.
12. Follow the directions to secure your plastic snaps, making sure the dome side is on the top side of the soother clip.
13. Repeat steps 11 & 12 again, ensuring that both domes are on the same side and that the snaps will secure together.
14. Slide your MAM ring on to the snaps end of your soother clip and close the snaps around the ring.
15. Slide your ring over the round end of any pacifier that has a button end. These kinds of pacifiers are similar to our Bibs Supremes. The original button pacifier is the MAM brand, and you can find them at any local pharmacy or drugstore!
Have we inspired you or do you already make these? We L O V E to see your creations! If you tried this tutorial, make sure that you tag us on Instagram using our hashtag #createdwithcarasupply.