- 1 x length of 60” regular cording
- 40 x saucer beads
- 1 metal clip
- 1 soother (we used the OLI in White)
1. Take your cording and fold it in half. At the middle point, feet your cord through the loop on your metal clip and create a loop knot.
2. On one side of your strings thread on 2 saucer beads. On the opposite string, thread on 3 saucer beads.
3. Take your string that has two saucer beads, and feed the working end through the last saucer bead on the end of the other string. This will create a crossing point.
4. Pull on the ends of your string to tighten the beads together into a flower shape. Repeat steps 2&3.
5. Continue to repeat the pattern until you are happy with the length of your lanyard. We liked the length of 40 saucer beads.
6. Make a loop with both strings about 4” long. Loop a knot as tight as you can against your last saucer bead.
7. Pull on your knot to secure it well. Either with well melted ends, or with a crafting needle, take your two ends hanging down and feed them back through the top saucer bead.
8. Continue to feed your strings back down the pattern until you reach your next middle saucer bead.
9. Feed one side through the middle of the saucer bead, but leave a loop out. Feed your other string the opposite way through the middle saucer bead. Wrap the string once around the loop left out and pull tight on your working ends. By wrapping your string around the loop left out, you will create a single knot. By pulling on each side equally, your knot will end up under the saucer bead. Repeat this step if you want a second knot.
10. Trim your ends and melt them with your lighter. Make sure that you also run your lighter well over the large double knot to fuse it.
11. When your knots are cool, simply loop your soother of choice on the end.
As always, we L O V E seeing your creations - Tag us in your photos on instagram using the hashtag #createdwithcarasupply.
- the girls
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.