Spring decorating doesn’t just have to be for home! Make this adorable Felt Daisy Oil Clip to bring your favorite essential oil scents with you wherever you go! Clip it in your car, office, or even in front of a fan!
Our felt balls are the perfect material for these clips! Made of wool, they’re an ideal material to hold oils! Sewn into the perfect little daisy shape, it’s such a cute and friendly looking craft!
- 6 x Felt Balls for your flower petals
- 1 x Felt Balls for your flower center
- 1 - Silicone or Wood bead of your choice (we used a 15mm Beehive bead)
- 1 x Silicone Charm or Mini Tassel of your choice
- Length of waxed cotton crafting string (can be found at your local craft store)
- Mini clothespins (can be found at your local craft store)
- Large eye sewing needle
- Pliers (can be purchased as part of our Crafting Tool Set)
**Please note that essential oils may stain your felt balls. If that is a concern, consider using darker colors that will better hide the essential oils.
Step By Step Instructions:
1. Cut a 24" length of cord. Using a needle, thread your felt balls onto the center of your cord.
2. Pull the cords together to create a circle with the felt balls, and tie a tight knot.
3. Take one of the lengths of cord and thread on your bead. Thread the cord through the middle of the clothespin hinge. Bring your thread back through the bead towards your felt ball circle.
4. Pull your thread tight between the two felt balls where your knot is. Loop the the thread down and back up around the knot and pull it so it sits tightly and is running down towards the middle of the felt ball circle. (This ensures that the cord sits tightly within the felt balls and doesn't pop out.)
5. Thread both of your cord ends onto the needle. (You may need to trim your cord so that they are the same length) Thread your last felt ball onto your cord and place it into the center of your circle of felt balls.
6. Remove one cord from your needle. Take your needle and tassel (or charm) of choice and add it to your cord.
7. Thread your needle between three of your felt balls to secure the cord in place. Pull the cord tight leaving the desired amount of cord hanging with your tassel.
8. Tie a tight knot as close to the felt balls as possible with your two cords. Trim the ends and hide your knot between the felt balls.
If you’re looking for a fun little craft to dress up your office or car with your favorite scents, this craft is perfect! Customize your felt ball colors, change up your accent bead or tassel - the options are endless!
We love seeing what you make! Make sure you tag us on social using our hashtag #createdwithcarasupply
*Not recommended for children below the age of 4. The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
**Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
***Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.