DIY Wood Tray
We love switching up our home decor, and the coffee table is always a favorite spot! Jazz up your coffee table with a new handmade DIY Wood Ring Tray!
- 2 x 12” wood wreath rings (can be found at most craft stores)
- 1-2 packages of wooden BBQ skewers
- 18-20 x 1.70” maple wood rings
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Small hand held saw or utility knife
*a bamboo placemat could be used as an alternative to BBQ skewers if you are able to source one.
1. Gather up your supplies. You may need more or less wooden BBQ skewers depending on the amount in your package. We used about ¾ of a package of 100 skewers.
2. Taking your wreath ring, skewers, and a pencil, begin to mark out the length your skewers will need to be cut to fill the center of your ring. You can do this two ways: you can either glue them into the inside of the ring, flush with the bottom, OR you can glue your skewers to the underside of the ring and trim them from the outside of the ring. Either way works! We opted to glue them to the inside of our ring.
3. Get ready for the most time consuming part! Either in small groups, or individually, cut down your skewers and glue them on the bottom of your tray. If you find your skewers aren’t even or begin to bend, you can also glue a wood or cardboard piece to the underside of your tray and glue down your skewers to it.
4. Lay out your wood rings, and begin to glue them standing up on the top rim of your wood wreath ring. If you want to ensure you have them properly spaced, you can lay them down flat on your wreath ring to ensure your spacing is to your preference, and then glue them down. Make sure they stand upright and straight!
5. Once all your rings have been glued in place, finish up by gluing on your top wreath ring. You can either add a glue dot to the top of your wood rings or run a line of glue to the underside of your wreath ring. Both work!
Enjoy your new DIY Wood Ring Tray! A fun little piece to add to your home decor that couldn’t have been simpler to make!
We hope you enjoyed this DIY Wood Tray tutorial! Be sure to tag us on instagram if you make your own using #createdwithcarasupply We love seeing your creativity!
**The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.
Leave a comment