DIY Tutorial: Felt Ball Car Diffuser
We put so much effort into making sure that our homes are beautifully decorated and smelling just the way we like.
Why wouldn’t we do the same in our cars?!
If you think about it - between school pickups, grocery store runs, road trips and more - we spend SO much time in our cars! And while a new store bought car freshener is always nice, buying the wrong one is a mistake you WON’T make twice! Trust. Us.
The good news is that with this quick and easy Felt Ball Car Diffuser Tutorial, you can take your favorite supportive essential oil scents into the car with you! Nothing fancy here - just a few drops of your oil(s) of choice will make your car smell more like home, and less like a… well… you know.
- 3 felt balls found here
- Wooden kebab skewer
- One length of our regular cording found here
1. Take one of your felt balls. Carefully twist and push the wooden skewer through the middle of your ball.
2. Make sure you twist and turn the skewer as you push it through to avoid squishing the felt ball.
3. Once your skewer is through the bead, while on the skewer, reshape the felt ball if it has become misshaped.
4. Repeat the process on the remaining felt balls.
5. Take your cording, fold it in half and fuse the two ends together. Melt at least 1” together until it becomes hard. Be careful not to burn your fingers through this process!
6. String your felt balls on the melted/fused/stiff end of the string in the order you prefer. Push them up, leaving a large enough loop at the top for you to fit over your middle mirror in your car.
7. Once you’re happy with your placement, tie a simple knot and trim your ends.
Hang in your car and enjoy your very own DIY essential oil car diffuser!!
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
**Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
***Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.