Hoppy Easter Treat Bags! Here's everything you need to know on how to sew up and make one of these adorable little treat bags for your little ones at home!
- Cotton Fabric
- Muslin Bag
- Felt Ball
- Crafting Needle
- 1/4” wide Colored Ribbon
- Sewing Machine & Thread
- Fabric Scissors
- Fabric Iron
Step by Step
1. Cut out four rounded ear shapes from your cotton, about 3” wide and 4” high.
2. Place two shapes back to back, with the good side of the fabric on the inside.
3. Using your sewing machine, sew around the shape being sure not to sew up the bottom flat side - you’ll need this open to turn the ear right side out!
4. Do steps 2-3 again, so that you have two sewn bunny ears. Flip both ears right side out. To make the fabric sit a bit nicer you can smooth them out with an iron.
5. Tuck your ears inside the muslin bag about ¼” from the top seam, and sew along the bottom of the ears. Make sure not to sew over the channel or draw string.
6. Take a pair of scissors and cut out your muslin string, then cut a piece of ribbon about 14” long. Thread your ribbon onto a craft needle and thread it through one side, and back around the other channel on the opposite side. Your ends should come out on the same side.
7. Cut another piece of ribbon 14” long and repeat step 6, but in the opposite direction of the first ribbon. Your threads should come out on the other side of the string channels as your first piece.
8. If you’d like you can hot glue a cute felt ball and a face on your bag, and tada! Easter cheer to-go!
9. To make the duck follow similar steps for the string and face. To make the feet, cut out four little feet shapes & sew them together. Using a sharp pair of scissors, cut out the bottom seam on the bag. Insert the feet the way you’d like them to sit, and sew a line back over them to secure them in place.
As always, we L O V E seeing your creations - Tag us in your photos on instagram using the hashtag #createdwithcarasupply.
- the girls