DIY Tutorial: 5 Point Christmas Star Ornament
An adorable and easy Christmas craft for your tree! These 5-point stars made from our silicone beads bring such a festive and crafty personality to your DIY tree!
While there’s so many projects on our DIY Tutorials Page, we wanted to show you ONE little tutorial that can be made out of our 12mm beads - an adorable 5 pointed star ornament! Follow along below for the step-by-step instructions!!
- 1 length of string
- sharp scissors
- 10x 12mm beads in one color
- 10x 12mm beads in one color
- 5x 12mm beads in one color
1. Gather up your supplies and string your crafting needle on your cord of choice.
2. Thread on 10x 12mm beads, pushing them to the middle point of your cord.
3.Taking the working end of your string, pass your craft needle around and through your first bead the opposite direction, creating a loop.
4. Pull your cording to round out your loop.
5. On your working end of the cord that your crafting needle is still strung on, thread 2x 12mm beads in a different color than your first 10 in the loop.
6. Take your needle and work counterclockwise - skip a bead and push your needle through the next bead. Pull the cording taught.
7. Thread on another 2 beads in the same color and repeat step 6.
8. Continue doing this until you have gone the entire way around the loop. Your star should be taking shape.
9. You will end up with your cords coming out either side of your starting bead.
10. Take your crafting needle off your working end (which is now much shorter than the other cording end), and thread the needle on the other longer cord.
11. Thread the cord counterclockwise through the corner bead closest to it.
12. Thread one of your 5x 12mm beads in your third color choice. Feed the string back down through the next corner bead.
We are L O V I N G this adorable 5-point star! As much as we adore our beautiful glass ornaments for our own tree’s, we love knowing that if our littlest toddler grabbed this ornament off the tree, it won’t shatter or break!
As always, happy crafting!
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.