How cute is this bauble design?? It sort of looks like lace - there’s something so stylish and elegant about it! It’s a really easy pattern to follow and can look so different depending on what colours you pick!
- 1 x length of 60” regular cording
- 4 x 19mm silicone beads
- 3 x 12mm silicone beads
- 9 x 9mm silicone beads
- 1 metal clip
- 1 soother (we used an OLI in Orchid)
- Crafting needle
1. Take your cording and fold it in half. At the middle point, feet your cord through the loop on your metal clip and create a loop knot.
2. Tie a knot 0.5" from the base of the clip.
3. Using your crafting needle, thread on one 19mm bead and push it all the way down over the knot to the clip.
4. Remove your crafting needle, and thread on to one string 3x 9mm beads and on the other 1x 12mm bead.
5. Push those beads all the way up to the first 19mm bead.
6. Put your craft needle back on both strings and thread on another 19mm bead. Push this bead all the way up tightly against the 12mm and 9mm beads just added.
7. Repeat step 3 & 4 three more times, until you have your bauble pattern. Make sure that you put the 9mm beads on the opposite side as the last pattern segment. You should have the pattern finished with a 19mm bead at the end. Push all the beads up tightly against each other and straighten out the design.
8. Make a loop with both strings about 3.25” long. Loop a knot as tight as you can against your last 19mm bead. Note that for US pacifier clip standards, the total length should be no longer than 8" (including the clip), so adjust length if needed.
9. Make a second loop knot about 0.5” from the double knot with your two loose strings. This will be a knot that sits in the middle of the last bead, so make sure your knot is in an appropriate spot.
10. Thread your crafting needle back on the loose strings and push the needle back through the last 19mm bead. Pull your small knot into the last bead.
11. Trim your strings, and melt the ends with your lighter. Make sure that you also run your lighter well over the large double knot to fuse it.
12. When your knots are cool, simply loop your soother of choice on the end.
As always, we L O V E seeing your creations - Tag us in your photos on instagram using the hashtag #createdwithcarasupply.
- the girls
*At Cara & Co, we take safety seriously. We have had our custom tutorial design above third-party tested by a CPSC accredited testing lab to ensure it meets compliance standards for Canadian (SOR/2011-17) and US (ASTM F963-17) children's pacifier clip requirements. However, this does not remove the responsibility of each customer to ensure that the products they create from this tutorial are tested and meet all relevant compliance standards.
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.