Diamond Box Design Clip
- 1 x length of 60” regular cording
- 13 x diamond beads
- 1 metal clip
- 1 soother
- crafting needle
1. Take your cording and fold it in half. At the middle point, feet your cord through the loop on your metal clip and create a loop knot.
2. Thread on to one string 1 diamond bead. Either with a well fused end or a crafting needle, feed the other string the opposite way through the diamond bead.
3. Tighten up either end to push your diamond bead all the way up to your metal clip. Make sure that the bead is sitting centered.
4. On each string, thread another diamond bead.
5. Repeat step 2-4 to create your diamond box pattern. We liked the length of about 13 beads. Note that for US standards, the total length of your pacifier clip should be no longer than 8" (including the clip), so adjust length as needed.
6. When you have a centered middle diamond bead at the end of your pattern, make a loop with both strings about 3.5 - 4” long. Loop a knot as tight as you can against your last diamond bead.
7. Take each loose string and thread it back down through the middle diamond bead and the two side diamond beads.
8. Feed one side through the next middle diamond bead, but leave a loop out. Feed your other string the opposite way through the middle diamond bead. Wrap the string once through the loop left out and pull tight on your working ends. By wrapping your string through the loop left out, you will create a single knot. By pulling on each side equally, your knot will end up under the diamond bead. Repeat this step if you want a second knot.
9. Trim your ends and melt them with your lighter. Make sure that you also run your lighter well over the large double knot to fuse it.
10. When your knots are cool, simply loop your soother of choice on the end.
As always, we L O V E seeing your creations - Tag us in your photos on instagram using the hashtag #createdwithcarasupply.
- the girls
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.
Hey Jen! We are so glad you love this soother clip design! We do not have a corresponding video at this time but we will make note of your request. If you would like to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to send you additional photos and instructions to help you through the last steps of the tutorial! Hope this is helpful! xo
What a beautiful soother clip – love this idea and definitely going to try! It is a little hard to understand what’s going on towards the end. Is there a corresponding video?
Leave a comment