If you love receiving Christmas Cards as much as we do, you’ll LOVE this tutorial! Show off those beautiful cards and pictures from your friends and family by hanging them! You can customize them based on where you want to display them, like a doorframe, fireplace mantel, etc.
Using our beautiful felt balls, wood beads, and some adorable midsized clothespins, this craft is easy to do! Let’s dig in and get crafting!
- 40 x Felt Balls
- 56 x 12mm Beech Wood Rounds (you can also use Maple Wood Rounds found here.)
- 14 x 15mm Beech Wood Rounds (you can also use Maple Wood Rounds found here.)
- Length of wax crafting cord (can be found at your local craft store.)
- Clothespins (we used a mid sized clothespin, but you can use a miniature or regular sized - can be found at your local craft store.)
- Ribbon of your choice
- Large eye sewing needle
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks or super glue (If you are placing your garland on a fireplace mantle, the heat may liquify the hot glue.)
*Note: this tutorial is for an approximately 66" long garland not including the end loops.
1. Cut your lengths of ribbon and tie your bows. We cut ours to be about 16" long, and trimmed them to our desired length after the bow was tied. We made seven bows for our garland.
2. Take five of your bows and use hot glue or super glue to glue them in place over the spring in the clothespin. Take your remaining two bows and glue them onto two of your 15mm wood rounds.
3. Thread your needle with your length of cord. If you would like, you can use a bead to tie off the opposite end so that no beads slip off.
4. Thread on your beads, felt balls and clothespins.
We followed this pattern:
For the beginning of the garland: < 12mm, 12mm, 15mm, 12mm, 12mm, five felt balls,12mm, 12mm, 15mm with a bow, 12mm, 12mm >.
The middle section of the garland: < five felt balls, 12mm, 12mm, 15mm, 12mm, 12mm, clothespin, 12mm, 12mm, 15mm, 12mm, 12mm > and repeat so that you have done this pattern five times.
The final section of the garland: < five felt balls, 12mm, 12mm, 15mm with a bow, 12mm, 12mm, five felt balls, 12mm, 12mm, 15mm, 12mm, 12mm. >
You can modify this pattern if you would like more or less clothespins or length to your garland. This is the pattern we followed for our completed Christmas card garland as seen below.
Hang those Christmas cards with pride! We can’t wait to see what kind of colors or patterns you choose! Make sure you let us know what you’ve made by sharing pictures or using our hashtag on social media: #createdwithcarasupply!
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
**Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
***Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.