We’re so excited after launching our acrylic beads to give you some tutorials on how to start crafting with them! Beaded Purse Handles are the perfect way to upcycle an old bag or glam up your little ones’ play purse! The possibilities are endless!
Below are the steps to make a Beaded Purse Handle! Depending on your size and handle length, you can use any amount of beads you’d like!
- Crafting or Jewelry Wire (we used 20 gauge)
- 2x Premium J Hook Clips in the finish of your choice
- Acrylic Beads
- Pliers (can be purchased as part of our Crafting Tool Set)
- Wire Cutters (can be purchased as part of our Crafting Tool Set)
- Kids Purse with Metal Loops
Step By Step Instructions:
1. Cut a length of wire for your purse handle. (The length will depend on the size of your purse, and how big your handle will need to be.) Be sure to also include in that length an extra 4 inches of wire.
2. Wrap your wire onto one of your J-Hooks Clips. Once through, wrap the wire back up around itself to ensure that it is tightly secured.
3. String your beads onto the opposite end of your wire in your preferred order.
4. Pull your wire around your second J-Hook Clip so that the beads are tight to the hook. Check over your beads to make sure you’re happy with the way your handle is sitting. To finish the handle, wrap your wire around itself a few times to make sure everything is secure.
5. Trim your wire so that it is slightly shorter than the length of a bead. Feed the short end into the last bead to hide it. You may need pliers for this step!
6. Your purse handle is finished! Using your J-Hooks, you can now add it to your bag and switch it out any time you would like!
There you have it! A brand new creative take on what to do with acrylic beads!
If you try this tutorial, make sure you let us know and tag us on social using our hashtag #createdwithcarasupply! We love seeing what you create!
If you have any questions let us know in the comments below and we’ll be sure to respond to them as soon as possible!
*Not recommended for children below the age of 4. The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
**Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
***Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.