It’s fall y’all and we’re diving head first into everything fall decor! Follow along with this quick tutorial to make your own delicate and adorable acorn garland!
Because Acorn Caps aren’t something you can easily purchase (or at least we couldn’t find them!), take an afternoon with the kids and find an oak tree! Every year Oak tree’s drop acorns, and you can usually find lots of acorns without the nut attached. Clean them up, and you’re good to go!
- Approx. 12 acorn caps
- Felt Balls (We used Ivory and camel)
- Twine or String of your choice
- Thin Wire
- Wire Cutters, Needle Nose Plier
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks
1. Gather up your supplies! Before beginning you’ll need to pop a small hole through the top of your acorn top. Depending on how soft or hard your acorn caps are you can either do this with a craft needle or a small nail. Pop a hole in all of your caps.
2. Take your wire and cut 2” long pieces. Bend them in half leaving a loop at the end. Using your needle nose plier, twist the two ends together until you have a small loop followed by twisted wire.
3. Straighten your ends and push the wires through the little hole you made, leaving the loop end at the top and the twisted wires inside the acorn cap.
4. Bend your wires so they tuck into the acorn cap. Squeeze a dab of hot glue in the cap - it should be enough to secure the wire but also glue the felt ball you’ll push up against the cap.
5. Take your felt ball and push it into the acorn cap. It may help to roll your felt ball on the table first to make it a bit more oval in shape.
6. Once all your acorns have felt balls glued to them, take your twine and begin to thread your acorns!
7. If you don’t want your acorns to slide around on the twine you can loop the twine twice around the metal loop you’ve made.
Enjoy your seasonal decor by hanging it up on your mantel or over a doorway!
If you end up making one yourself, feel free to tag us in your creation using the hashtag #createdwithcarasupply!
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.