Valentine’s is just around the corner and we can’t wait to celebrate and make it a special time for our kids! We’ve found that taking the time to focus on a craft, holiday, or project with our kids has been such a fun and rewarding experience. Valentine’s can’t come quick enough ;)
Our little ones have been drooling over our Craft Kits as we’ve been developing them, and we’re so excited to finally be able to share them with you and your littles too!!
If you’ve got a little crafter in the house, these Valentine's Kits will make such a fun surprise for them! They’re all ready for you - beads, clips, clasps, string! It’s fun in a box :)
Our craft kits are the perfect mix of products to give your little crafter endless things to make! From bracelets, friendship necklaces, to zipper pulls - anything is possible!
Do you have your eye on those matching friendship necklaces?? Aren’t they CUTE?? We begged our kit designer, Candace, to include TWO Dreamy Unicorn Beads so that your kiddo can make a matching BFF necklace for them and a friend! If you want to follow some instructions on how to make these cute necklaces, look no further!
- 1 x length 60” of cording in a color of your choice (included in the kit)
- 4 x 15mm beads (included in the kit)
- 4 x breakaway clasps (2 of each side, included in the kit)
- Sharp Scissors
- Crafting Needle
1. Take your piece of cording, and cut it in half creating two shorter pieces. These pieces will be long enough for two children's necklaces.
2. Taking your lighter, run the flame lightly over the cut ends to melt them. This will keep them from fraying.
3. String one 15mm bead onto your cord and bring it to the middle point.
4. Thread on your crafting needle to both strands, and string on your unicorn. Slide the unicorn all the way down to the 15mm bead.
5. Thread on your 15mm bead and slide it down all the way down.
6. You should have three stacked beads in the middle of your cord and two equal length ends.
7. Slide on one half of a breakaway clasp to the end of one side of your cord, and tie a single knot close to the end (*you can also make a double knot for extra safety). Take your lighter and melt the cording end and knot. Quickly slide your breakaway clasp over the knot while it's still warm.
8. Do the same on the other cord, making sure that your breakaway clasp is the opposite side to the one you’ve just put on.
9. Voila! You have one of your BFF necklaces done :) Repeat all these steps to make one more necklace!
And that’s just ONE cute little craft you can make with your kiddos! There’s so many ideas on our DIY Tutorials page that can get you started and so many supplies included in these Valentine's Kits!
What do you think you’ll come up with??
Happy Crafting :)
- the girls
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.