We have been SO busy the last couple months getting our first ever Christmas Craft Kits ready for you, and we’re sooooo happy to have them launch today!!
Our Christmas Craft Kits are just as much fun as our regular craft kits, but with the most adorable festive color schemes! Not only that, we’ve jam packed them (literally… we can barely close them!) with as many seasonal character accent beads (can you spot our new Christmas beads??), clips, strings and as many sizes of our standard rounds as we could. These kits are BURSTING with Christmas cheer!
We have 3 different themes available for our Christmas Kits - White Christmas, Classic Christmas, and Fireside Christmas.
They’re the perfect stocking stuffer for the crafter in your life, pre-dinner activity with the kids, secret Santa gift exchange gift - you name it!
You can make so many different items from these kits - ornaments, zipper pulls, necklaces, mask lanyards, keychains… the possibilities are endless! We have so many cute little tutorials you can follow on our DIY Tutorials page!
When we sat down to play with our kits (yep, we “test” out our kits too :P) we could easily make 5 little projects with SO many leftover beads, clasps & string!
While there’s so many projects on our DIY Tutorials Page, we wanted to show you ONE more little tutorial that can be made out of the 12mm beads found in each kit - an adorable 5 pointed star ornament! Follow along below for the step-by-step instructions!!
- 1 length of Regular Cord
- Sharp scissors
- Crafting needle
- 10 x 12mm silicone beads in one color
- 10 x 12mm silicone beads in one color
- 5 x 12mm silicone beads in one color
1. Gather up your supplies and string your crafting needle on your cord of choice.
2. Thread on 10 x 12mm beads, pushing them to the middle point of your cord.
3.Taking the working end of your string, pass your craft needle around and through your first bead the opposite direction, creating a loop.
4. Pull your cording to round out your loop.
5. On your working end of the cord that your crafting needle is still strung on, thread 2 x 12mm beads in a different color than your first 10 in the loop.
6. Take your needle and work counterclockwise - skip a bead and push your needle through the next bead. Pull the cording taught.
7. Thread on another 2 beads in the same color and repeat step 6.
8. Continue doing this until you have gone the entire way around the loop. Your star should be taking shape.
9. You will end up with your cords coming out either side of your starting bead.
10. Take your crafting needle off your working end (which is now much shorter than the other cording end), and thread the needle on the other longer cord.
11. Thread the cord counterclockwise through the corner bead closest to it.
12. Thread one of your 5 x 12mm beads in your third color choice. Feed the string back down through the next corner bead.
We are L O V I N G this adorable 5-point star! As much as we adore our beautiful glass ornaments for our own tree’s, we love knowing that if our littlest toddler grabbed this ornament off the tree, it won’t shatter or break!
We can’t wait to see what you craft together with our Limited Edition Christmas Craft Kits. Your kids (and you) will love the chance to create together!
As always, happy crafting!
- the girls
*The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.