Crochet and Wood Ring Teether
What can you do with jersey yarn? More like WHAT CAN’T YOU DO? Knit, crochet, weave, craft—the possibilities abound!
We've combined two of our simplest products to create an easy, beautiful yarn-covered beech-ring that blends the strength of wood with the comfort of our oh-so-soft jersey yarn. The best-part? We’ve put together a suh-weet step-by-step tutorial on (gasp!) how to DO IT YOURSELF.
First! Head to your local craft supply store to find your crochet hook and large yarn needle, and then c’mon back to our shop for the rest!
1 x 6.5mm crochet hook
1 x large yarn needle
1 x pair of scissors
1 x CaraSupply Jersey Yarn (colour of your choice)
1 x beech wood ring (we used a 70mm beech ring)
1. Create a slip knot on your hook.
2. Push the end of your crochet hook through your wood ring, and pull the yarn behind.
3. Slip stitch onto the wood ring. Trim your tail if it’s longer than 2".
4. Loop your yarn through the middle of the ring to the front and create a single crochet. Be sure to cover your tail as you crochet.
5. Loop the yarn back through the middle of the ring to the back to create a single crochet.
6. Continue the pattern of front crochet, back crochet, front crochet, etc., around the wood ring. Stop when you've covered half of the ring with yarn.
7. Cut your yarn and remove the crochet hook. Thread the yarn onto your large yarn needle and weave the tail back under your crochet to hide it.
Et voila, it's done!
**The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
***Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
****Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
*****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.