MAM Pacifier Attachment Fabric Lanyard
If you’re looking for a way to attach a soother clip to your baby’s favourite button pacifier, we’ve got you covered! Learn how to sew your own soother clip and use our MAM Pacifier attachments!
Fabric MAM Pacifier Attachment Soother Clip
- Round metal 25mm hook clip
- 1 MAM Pacifier Attachment
- One Button Style Pacifier of your choice
- Cotton Fabric of your choice
- Sewing Scissors
- Sewing Machine
- Fabric Iron
- ⅛” elastic, cut 4.5” long
1. Gather up your supplies and iron out your fabric.
2. Carefully cut out a rectangle shape that is 3” by 11”.
3. Fold your rectangle fabric in half lengthwise with the good side of your fabric up. Iron the seam.
4. Open your fabric shape up and fold in each side to the middle seam, ironing again to secure the fold.
5. Fold down on each end of your fabric shape ¼” of fabric, and iron again to secure the fold.
6. On each end, iron down a corner of your ¼” fold. This will keep the fabric tucked in while you sew up your lanyard.
7. Fold in half your entire piece of fabric, keeping all the folded corners tucked in. Iron again to secure.
8. Taking your ⅛” elastic, cut a 4.5” long piece. Fold that piece in half, and tuck just inside one end of your fabric rectangle, making sure that the elastic is at least ¼” down past the top of the fabric. Close up your rectangle around the elastic, and sew the perimeter of the entire rectangle piece. Be sure to back stitch over the elastic to make sure that it has been securely sewn.
9. On the opposite end of the elastic, slide your metal clip on to the end. Fold the end over about ¾” and sew the perimeter of that fold at least twice to be sure everything is secure.
10. Loop your elastic end onto your MAM Pacifier Attachment. This attachment can be used for any button end pacifier, like our Bibs Supremes! The original button pacifier is the MAM brand, and you can find them at any local pharmacy or drugstore!
There you have it! Never lose a button pacifier again!
PS: If you love the button style (tutorial here) of this lanyard but want to use a Pacifier Attachment instead of a ring, you can! The button style easily attaches to our MAM Pacifier Attachments as well!
Have we inspired you or do you already make these? We L O V E to see your creations! If you tried this tutorial, make sure that you tag us on Instagram using our hashtag #createdwithcarasupply.
Leave a comment