Have you seen our DIY Twist-a-Pet Bracelet Kits launch? Looking to make your own unique design? Don’t worry friend, we’ve got you covered!
We’ve put together a convenient list of all the supplies you need to make your own custom Twist-a-Pet! It couldn’t be easier!
If you’ve purchased one of our ready-made kits, you can follow along with our step-by-step tutorial!
- 1x 12” elastic cord
- 2x 15mm round silicone beads
- 4x 12mm round silicone beads
- 8x 9mm round silicone beads
- 4x saucers
- 1x accent bead (for the head of your pet!)
- Optional: x1 cowboy hat bead if you would like your pet to have a hat
1. Take your 12” length of elastic cord. A little tip to keep the beads from sliding off the opposite end as you string them on - tie a knot at the very end of the length of elastic.
2. Slide your beads onto the cord in the following order: 15mm (this is half of the body), 9mm - 12mm - 12mm - 9mm (these beads make up the back legs and feet), saucer - 9mm - saucer - 9mm - saucer - 9mm - saucer - 9mm (there should be four of each in alternating order to make up your pets back), the cowboy hat bead (if you have one, and make sure you slide it on through the top of the hat), your accent bead pet head (make sure you slide the head onto the cord through the top of the bead or your head will be upside down :)! ), 9mm - 12mm - 12mm - 9mm (the front legs and feet), and the last 15mm bead (the second half of the body).
Double check that you have the order of the beads correct!
3. Tie a double knot. Pull all four strands around the knot to ensure that it is properly tightened. While you need to make sure the knot itself is tight, try not to pull the cord into the knot too tightly or leave it too loose. If the cord is too tight or too loose, it will be difficult to twist.
4. When you are happy with your double knot and the tautness of your cord, carefully trim the ends.
5. To finish the bracelet, gently pull one of the 15mm beads over the knot to hide it.
Voila! You have completed your bracelet!
Now let’s learn how to twist it into a pet!
Directions to Twist the Pet:
1. Take the four beads that make up the front legs and feet of your pet (start with the front legs if you’re having trouble finding them! These are the four beads directly under the accent head bead!). Pull them slightly away from the body and twist!
2. Do the same with the back two legs and feet.
Isn’t it the cutest little friend!
Be sure to tag us on Instagram if you make your own using #createdwithcarasupply We love seeing your creativity!
*Not recommended for children below the age of 4. The products, materials, and supplies sold by Cara & Co. Silicone Craft Supply are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child.
**Small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always dispose of any damaged product. No product is completely indestructible, and fully formed teeth could potentially damage product if chewed aggressively, so responsible attentiveness is needed for any user or purchaser. Customers should always inspect and monitor their products, discontinuing use at the first sight of damage.
***Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, Cara & Co Silicone Craft Supply Inc., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. Customers are responsible that their final products made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above tutorial, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.
****Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.